Micah’s Residential Recovery Program, aka Respite House, focuses on those sick enough to need family, hospice or home health care, but well enough that they could be discharged to their home, if they had one.
- To reduce recurring emergency room and hospital visits due to illnesses complicated by non-traditional/outdoor housing circumstances.
- To offer alternative accommodations to temporary or terminally ill individuals who would otherwise die or face difficult recovery in outdoor housing circumstances.
Caring for Neighbors
With the ability to house eight guests on any given day, this program provides a safe, community-based alternative to costly inpatient care. Guests receive a nurturing environment for physical and mental recovery and case-managed support that promotes individual success. Admission requires referral from a medical or mental health professional.
IF YOU ARE SICK
AND HAVE NO PLACE TO STAY….
Please visit 1013 Princess Anne St.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 10am to 2pm
Thursday only, 3pm to 5pm
Criteria to enter
- Adult experiencing homelessness
- Must have a referral from a medical facility or medical professional. (See below)
- Uninsured or underinsured
- Mental disorder or at least suspicion of one
- Level of disability
- Level of illness
- Ability and willingness to participate in program
- If you are a medical care provider working with an individual who qualifies for the program, please call the Respite House at 540-479-8302 for details, and
- Complete our referral form.
- Completed referral forms can be faxed to 540-479-8311 or emailed to email@example.com
HEALTH AND HOPE
Micah cares for those staying in the Respite House like friends and family. We manage medication, provide homemade meals, transport people to appointments and coordinate other important aspects of recovery. Many hands and feet are needed to providing that level of support. Consider being part of the volunteer team, helping our neighbors strive for health and hope.
Are you interested in joining the community of volunteers that supports this ministry? Visit our volunteer page to get connected.